Bride Feature: Shanny
From the Gold Coast the to West Coast – an oceanside wedding in Vancouver, Canada
This gorgeous couple from down under, opted for a destination wedding in beautiful West Vancouver, just off of Ambleside Beach at The Beach House Restaurant, with stunning views of the Burrard Inlet and Stanley Park.
Shanny wore a beautifully fitted, satin Lisa Gowing dress and matching flower in her hair.
Shanny had amazing skin, clearly a by-product of her healthy lifestyle, so we opted for a natural bridal makeup look with some definition around the eyes to make them stand out. It was really more of a ‘no-makeup-makeup-look’ to let Shanny shine in that figure-hugging gown – and more importantly, make her feel like herself. Given the setting of their intimate wedding, we wanted Shanny to feel comfortable in her own skin while she mingled with her guests throughout the day.
The end result was simply perfect. Here’s a product breakdown of what we used to create this bridal makeup look:
- Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Oil by The Ordinary for moisturizer
- MAC Cosmetics Prep+Prime Skin Base
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation (light applied using a duo fibre brush in stippling motion)
- Charlotte Tilbury Retoucher (lightly applied under the eyes using my fingers)
- Josie Maran Argan Illuminator (on the cheekbones, bridge of nose and cupid’s bow)
- Ben Nye Neutral Set powder (to set the concealer under the eyes and a little around the nose, mouth & forehead)
- Mac Pro Longwear Blush in Melba
- Charlotte Tilbury Marie Antoinette (very light dusting all over the eyelid)
- Charlotte Tilbury Golden Goddess Palette (Prime shade on the inner corner of eye, Smoke shade in the outer corner and crease & Pop shade all over the lid)
- MAC Cosmetics Coffee Eye Pencil used to line the eyes
- Individual cluster lashes used to enhance natural lashes
- Mixed together Charlotte Tilbury gloss in Ibiza Nights with Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in #3
All these amazing moments were captured by Darby Magill
Flowers are by Limelight Floral Design
Wedding Planner was City Skyline Events